Tuesday, May 10, 2011

{DIY} Side Bow/Ruffle, Thanks to Kristina J


Isn't this AMAZING?! Yeah, she came up with it after fawning over an Anthropology shirt. Who am I talking about? The one and only Kristina J. I love to read her blog, and right now she is talking about color scheming your wardrobe if you are interested :)

Ok, so I had thrifted a dress that I wanted to alter, but it has just been sitting around while I had been trying to figure out what to do with it. Then I saw this great DIY and, well, here's the result:










Now to simplify the DIY that Kristina J posted, I must tell you that she folds over every piece, except for one of the 6 x 6 pieces. And technically, it might not have even been that one, but that is the one I chose. 

And, also, I was intimidated by this project because she didn't tell me EXACTLY where to put each piece, but if you follow this rule...The bow goes on top!...it really isn't too hard. In fact, you might not even use all the pieces if you don't want the ruffle to crawl down so far. Just place the bow with the seam matching the shoulder seam of the dress, and then start putting ruffle by ruffle. Don't like it? start over. Then, when it looks how you want it, pin it in place and sew them like she says. 

Alright! Hope you have as much fun as I did making this dress for Hint of Vintage!

No comments:

Post a Comment