Monday, October 4, 2010

"Experience is the teacher of all things" - Julius Caeser

I was getting into bed when a spark of genius came to me. It all started when a friend of mine called to let me know she had inherited a dress that was cute, but immodest, and decided to give it to me because she knew I could do something with it. Now this is not a blog to brag about my talents, but instead to share them. 

I have a passion for fashion if you will, and as styles have become increasingly scandalous, they have required me to think outside the box in order to wear them. Why should I have to give up fashion because I dress modestly, and why should I forgo modesty to dress fashionably? I shouldn't! And I don't. 

But for some, it is not always easy to see how simple changes can make an outfit stylish and modest all at the same time, and it is for this reason that I am starting this blog! I have so many exciting things to share already, but I will pace myself and start with just this one (I promise the pictures will get better! Just stick with it). 


I found this dress at the Goodwill and fell in love with its girlie ruffles and modern style, however, it was a little too short for my liking (aka, wouldn't be able to bed over without showing my bloomers). So, my easy solution? I grabbed a floral skirt out of my closet and put it on underneath. Not only did it add length to the dress, but also added some character and I got many compliments on my dress, without them even knowing I had made an adjustment. Another positive from this adjustment? It isn't permanent! You can add any ole skirt underneath depending on what colors you want to wear that day. 





So there is my first easy modest fix without any use of money! 

Now, I have learned through trial and error. By buying items and then having to sort through my fashion magazines to figure out a way to wear the "in style" fashions, without sacrificing style or modesty. I have found it a challenge, and one that I have a great deal of fun overcoming. If you have an article of clothing that you would like help modifying, or just knowing how to wear it, please email the picture to modestfashionsense@gmail.com, and I will add it to the blog with some ideas of how you can flaunt what you have got!

And so, I bid adieu. But only until tomorrow when I add my next easy modest fix!



No comments:

Post a Comment