Thursday, October 7, 2010

The Sundress, Just For Summer?

This post is in reference to the question posted by my good friend Kristen :) Can we wear a white tee under a tube top dress/sundress? YES WE CAN! (technically it is a free country and you can do what you want, but fashionably, it is a yes!).

First reason why...I found it in Vogue. (Did I find a picture of a tank over a white shirt in Vogue...I think you know the answer to that question). It is a simple and easy way to make that sundress work in a modest way.



Now maybe you are asking yourself "why is she talking about the sundress and it is fall, almost winter?". This is a wonderful question, and the reason is that the sundress is PERFECT for fall, and here are some pictures to prove it!


This one is my absolute favorite, and I am thinking about wearing it tomorrow in fact! I am sure that everyone has tights, a cardigan, and a belt. Done, you have yourself a fall outfit with your little summer sundress.


Colorful tights were in last season, and they are definitely in this season. They are also perfect to keep your legs warm and of course to look fall chic in your cute sundress.

Get all of the wear you can out of your sundress by just pairing it with simple accessories! And (drum roll please) the biggest reason to talk about sundresses right now?........Because they are on sale! Stores are going to be putting them on clearance now that summer is over, but you know the secret now. So go get yourself a new one, or spruce up the one you have. Good luck!



**And remember, if ever you have a question about something you would like to modify to be modest or really about anything, just email me at modestfashionsense@gmail.com and I will add it to my blog. If you are thinking it, it's a good bet someone else has too, so lets all work together to be chic and stylish while keeping our standards :)

2 comments:

  1. Where were you when I lived in Macomb and was standing in front of my closet in distress?! I love this concept b/c I have a TON of sundresses! I just pushed them to the back of my closet for winter and pulled out my sweaters. Now I have to re-evaluate my closet configuration! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great answer! Love this post! I'm totally going out to buy some tights!

    ReplyDelete