So, here is the jacket:
I should tell you my goals while I was thinking about how to remix it, because they can help you think of even more ways than just these two.
1. Because camo is already masculine, I went with really girly things like: big necklaces, high-heels, sequins, skinny jeans. All these girly things will compliment the jacket nicely, and keep you feeling sexy and fun.
2. Anything military already has a lot of "cargo" space, so avoid cargo pants. Two much of a good thing can end up bad.
3. Cargo is meant to blend in, so why not spice it up with a bold color. ANY color. I chose blue. Even though there are greens in the jacket, they are very neutral colors, so when I say spice it up with ANY color, I mean ANY color. Try pink if you have pink pumps and a pink girly necklace.
So here are the looks:
Skinny jeans help show off your shape, because you will lose it a little with the jacket. Leave the jacket open, like a blazer to show off the cute sequin top, or a ruffly top if you already have one of those.
This one is to use the jacket as a shirt. Belt around the middle to keep that girlish figure. I chose green pants that will match the camo a little for a subtle look. Then add some pumps that match. This is a more classic look.
I had even more ideas, but they involve sewing, so for those of you who are interested, here is a list:
1. Unstitch the sleeves, gather the top, and sew them back on for a puffy sleeve look that will also help girlify it.
2. Take it in on the sides, and a little more near the middle, so to better accentuate your curves.
3. Add a patch of sequin fabric to some, or all, of the cargo pockets
Alright! There are some of my ideas! I hope they helped at least a little, but I'll have you know, I am expecting pictures of anyone who tries these out because I want to see them work in real life, not just in my head :)
Belt and Pumps look: