Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Fashion: Modest Cocktail Dress

Even though I am doing the 26 for 26, I didn't want to slack on the Holiday Fashion ideas, so you get 2 posts today...and basically any other time I want to add some more holiday fashion ideas. 

Ok, so I found this really cute modest cocktail dress. This is pretty rare because for some reason "cocktail dress" now means "barely-any-fabric dress". So this is just 1 of 3 cocktail dress ideas. I am going to talk about how to dress up an already modest dress today, and then next week I will go into how to modify a not-so-modest cocktail dress. 




So, I have talked about how  much I like to add color to grays and since this is a gray dress I spiced it up with some colored tights. Now to make your legs look thin and long I found some heeled shoes that would match the tights, thus giving the appearance of super lean and long legs. Since the dress has a really fun and frilly top, I just chose bangles to decorate your arms. That way you can add a little bling without taking away from the design of the dress. If you want to get a little crazy, mix and match some big bangle bracelets together.

No comments:

Post a Comment