Thursday, December 2, 2010

Stripes and Florals Meet Again

I told you I loved this combination, but now I have found a different way to wear it. With my new thrifted scarf. Well, sort of new. It's been a couple of weeks, but I haven't been able to wear it too much, which is another reason why I am excited about this combination :)



(scarf: thrifted, shirt: Ross, cami: Gen-X, pants: thrifted and altered, shoes: gift from mamasita)


Yeah, this silly little man wouldn't quite gettin in the picture, but since he is a sicky poo with some sort of baby strep throat, I couldn't be a mean mom and trick him out of being in the shots like I normally do. 


I had to do a closeup since the scarf and shirt are my favorite part of the outfit. 


Ok, how to create this outfit on your own? It doesn't have to be a striped/floral combination, but if you want to try something new, experiment with a scarf and wear it like a bandit (that's what I think of when I see scarves like this, and it makes me happy). Also, if you haven't noticed already, I have this thing about matching my accessories; even though I am wearing a gray and black striped shirt, the scarf has some brown and cream flowers so I went with brown earrings and cream shoes. This is a simple way to pull an outfit together without being too matchy-matchy. Lets see how you wear your scarves...put a link in the comment section, or send me a pic via email

1 comment: