Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stripes and Floral

I have to admit that I am in a slight love affair with the combination of stripes and florals. It is one of the easiest ways to mix prints without looking too WOWZA (and not the good kind of wowza).




You know me, I love neutrals, so that is basically what my closet is full of. I have been trying to add more color, but lack of funds has really hindered this mission of mine. But if I had more color in my wardrobe, this is what I would do with it (gosh I love this stylebook stuff!)





Alright, grab any ol' floral shirt. Find some fun colors in it (for this one I found oranges and red). Then grab a cardigan in that fun color. Pair 'em up (they will thank you for it). Because this is a bold look, just pair it with some jeans. I like the braided belt as you saw in my pic (which you can find at just about ANY thrift store), so wrap the belt around your cardigan mix and then throw on some boots of a similar color as the belt. Voila! Super easy, just like I told ya :)

1 comment:

  1. I put Molly in stripes and floral today and thought of you. Next time we do that I'll take a picture and send it to you. Loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete